Friday, March 25, 2005

Book Meme

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

I cheated, instead of grabbing the nearest book (I'm posting in bed [oh the joys of wireless internet!] and my headboard is a bookcase so techinically they are the nearest, but I grabbed the book that I'm currently re-reading at the moment which is Stephen Baxter's Moonseed [this is my third time reading this book, but I picked it up after watching the BBC's Supervolcano Mini Series a few weeks ago). The entry is:

"Oh." She was looking at the pool rim. "Look at this," she said. She pointed to a patch at the rim of the pool, where bare rock showed through the glass.

A foot-wide patch of rock was - Henry thought, shielding his eyes against the sunlight - glowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home