Friday, January 13, 2006

Movie Review: King Kong

I went to see this film on Christmas Eve, but have obviously forgotten to write a review of it and post it here, so here goes.

I enjoyed it in the whole, Peter Jackson did a great job of updating the movie from the 1928 classic and did a much better job than the 80s version. The special effects were fantastic, Skull Island's dinosaurs were realistic and amazing, it was like watching a fourth Jurassic Park movie.

Kong was extremely well animated and you never thought for a moment that he was just a cgi creation, it was as if you were looking at the real thing. Naomi Watts as Anne was a very good choice for the role as she portrayed a sort of fragile beauty.

The only criticism I can offer is that the movie was way too long. Merlin Cinemas decided to cut for an intermission break halfway through (crap I know), and by which time Kong had only been on screen for a few minutes. I thought at that point, god how much build up plot crap have I been watching if the movie is half over and we've only just got to the Monkey?

Overall I'd give it 7/10 (would have been higher than this if it was a 2 hour movie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home